Monday 11 November 2013

I admit it, I’m a yotube addict

I really do like youtube.
Hard to believe nowadays, isn't it?
And I've always liked watching videos on youtube.

Actually, I came up with the idea of uploading some of my "pretty serious" proper videos, when I was about 14 or something. On my very first own channel. 

Don't worry, those weren't embarrassing "teenie vlogs"... - Honestly, I didn't have enough courage to make any, but culturally enriching  Sims2-music-videos.
And as you may have guessed: They were not the slightest bit less embarrassing than any other "teenage girl stuff".

Yeah, I admit it, looking at these masterpieces, everyone could divine what artist in the area of film-making would become of me in the near future: NONE.


My facial expression when looking at it nowadays

But anyway, those were the beginnings of my "youtube adventure"
... or should I rather call it my "youtube fatality"?


Because, once you've started to do anything on youtube, you start to watch things.Different kind of things. Things you never believed you'd be interested in.
This is the story of my youtube addiction:


Firstly, there were single comedy videos I used to watch with some friends. One of the first things I remember watching is this funny interpretation of the wonderful German love song DA DA DA.

Secondly, there were the "coldmirror synchros", a German youtube series by a girl synchronizing almost all of Harry Potter 1 to 3 in a "gay and unfunny" way - as she describes it herself:





Isn't he adorable?

And then, there was Charlie McDonnell. He was the first "youtube guy" I ever "shipped" (before that word even existed). 
I found him in 2010 through Jon Cozart (Paint) who is actually pretty amazing, too.

I would call myself (back then when I was a 15-year-old girl) the perfect audience (or victim? :O) of this multitalented British 19-year-old boy, who, in addition to that, has really cute fuzzy hair and some kind of agreeable sympathetic timidity.

To fall in love with him, just go to:

www.youtube.com/charlieissocoollike


Aaaand another fact I have to admit is that this crush I had on Charlie has never really come to an end. I would still sell my laptop and all of my favorite books to meet him in person. 

When I EVENTUALLY had given in to that f*cking Google+ shit and added my mobile phone number to my profile "to make it safer" (what the...?) so I could finally have a youtube channel again, Charlie was my first subscription to make even though I had watched his videos on a regular basis before.

How is it even possible to draw a piece of shit looking cute like this?
I also followed the development of coldmirror on youtube. And I still like her, I guess, because she's actually very funny and doesn't pretend to be someone else than herself, no matter what people think. She just gives a shit (like on her cute youtube icon). so, I can tell I always had a good taste.

I think, at least since I discovered Shane Dawson, my youtube addiction went to a serious level.
My best friend had introduced me to his site a while ago. At first, I was deterred, because I found his sense of humour too "rough" and strange. 
Moreover, I had built up a kind of aversion against American English (thanks, Charlie McDonnell - you made me fall in love with the "British Accent"). 
And, I have a further confession to make: I hardly understood what he said most of the time. 

However, once I randomly clicked on an episode of "Shane and Friends" and nearly pissed myself, laughing. At this point, I was lost.

Because from this point on, it continued...Troughout collaborations with other youtubers I got to other channels, like Tyler Oakley's (And who could resist a sparkling, brightly smiling male 1D Fangirl? He didn't just make me laugh but also aware of a great social project he supports. Respect. I couldn't help myself madly falling for him) 


I mean: Look at this cutie, who wouldn't ?

and so on and so on and so on.....

And I'm not even one of this kind who subscribes to everyone just because the one video he did with Tyler was hilarious or because he did a "collab" with Charlie.

Nope, I have standards, gurrl. (got this word from Tyler)
If I subscribe to someone, I have to be 100% sure:


"Yes, I want to see EVERY video, 

this guy is going to make in the future“



*harrumphh* There's only one thing missing, after I told you my whole youtube history...

Man, I feel like I'm going to present you a choice of some exquisite wine :D


... my subscription list


By living in Paris and therefore being on youtube.fr, and also because of a recommendation of a French guy, I even have two French people in my subscription box now. ;)
Hopefully, there are going to be many more.
Even by now, I feel quite fancy, being "trilingual" or whatever...

Okay.
Enough talking. 


TA – DA:

  1. charlieissocoollike
  2. charlieissoboredlike 
  3. Paint
  4. Shane Dawson TV
  5. SPACE RADIO
  6. SPACE FROGS
  7. Doktor Allwissend
  8. Borja
  9. coldmirror
  10. Tyler Oakley
  11. Troye Sivan
  12. NORMAN
  13. LeFloid
  14. College Humour
  15. Cyprien
  16. ed stockham
  17. Nico Lockhardt
  18. CrashCourse
  19. TheArtAssignment




...TO MY BLOG, bitchez


No comments:

Post a Comment